Sunday, February 3, 2008

I meet U** My Boss' daughter

To earn extra during collage times I took up part time job in a café, I came across with my boss’s daughter, as she assists me in making drinks at the bar side during busy weekends. Like usual girls we would share some talks, she is much younger then me. Been very kind and helpful, running around the café…always warns her mom to stop the addicted smoking habit…now she is having her training as a nurse.


As we work on peeling the fruits on a night I notice she’s wearing a necklace of a small cross pendent, so I was curious about it and ask whether is she a Christian…to my surprise she is not! Yet she continues to explain why she was wearing one…


she mention that most people she came to met were Christian ‘s friend and through her experience she found them mostly projecting good characters…gentleness…friendliness …kind…polite…honest . She values those and was thinking through wearing a cross she might well gave a good impression to others with the same pleasing characters as well as a reminder for herself upon practicing good moral values even though she didn’t come to know Christ well together with his Cross that time. She even held on certain amount of trust toward His believer’s truth worthiness. At the time myself also a non believer but somehow that little conversation left an imprint in my memories. Whenever I saw a person wearing a small cross…



Until today … each reviews taught me more and more…sometimes it made me felt gratitude and proud, been given a privilege to be one of His’ children. The other time it reminds me of important roles and responsibility, focus on the improvement of others along with mine, working on the quality characters and values especially in ways of approaching in dealing with people and matters. Taken up any challenge, possibility or what ever opportunities he has to offer. To put faith and hope for others just like she did in trusting, believe in him that they may come to see his righteousness and goodness. Each day come with greater confident and hope in the footsteps of walking closer to His likeness, to lay down with willingness and gentleness just like once He shown … bearded his own cross, surrender himself to be nails down…

No comments: